Like the Petronas Twin Towers, the Menara KL Tower is also is the most famous tourist attractions. In the starting, this building built for communications. Today the building is the 7th tallest freestanding tower in the world. The tower is offering the highest and most majestic view of the city.
The rest of the tower below has a stairwell and a lift to go the upper area. Which also features a revolving cafe, offering diners with a breathtaking view of the city. The tower is also offering a theater, an amphitheater, beautiful cascading pools, a fast food restaurant and gift shops. This tower is a definite must-see sightseeing attraction when you visit Kuala Lumpur.
The tower is split into 5 basic areas:
- The ground level houses three basement floors for safety purposes, storage, and maintenance work.
- The tourist area bears the tower administration office, gift shops, and the 146 meters long pedestrian mall with cascading pools.
- The tower is four elevators and flights of stairs with a total of 2,058 steps.
- The tower has a public observation platform and revolving restaurant, as well as the telecom and broadcasting stations.
- The antenna is like crowns of the tower. They are utilized for telecommunication and broadcasting transmissions.
Menara Kuala Lumpur is located at the junction of Jalan Punchak off Jalan P.Ramlee. If you are planning to take the public transportation such as the LRT or Monorail, you may do so by either:
- Getting off from Dang Wangi LRT Station and head towards Bukit Nanas Monorail Station .
- The bottom stairs of the station, located at the traffic light junction, turn right and walk straight .
- You will see some prominent landmarks such as Concorde Hotel and Hard Rock Cafe (on your left) and if you walk further down, you will see Shang-Ri La Hotel (on your right).
- Once you have arrived another traffic light junction, where you will a police booth stationed on your left, turn right and walk straight
- You will see Menara Hap Seng (on your left) and keep on walking further until you reach the 3rd right junction of Jalan Punchak off Jalan P.Ramlee.
- Turn right and walk up the hill until you see a Guard House with Menara Kuala Lumpur free shuttle service waiting to take you up to the tower!
- Getting off from Masjid Jamek LRT Station and you may take the taxi available around the area.
- Or if you prefer to walk , from Masjid Jamek LRT Station , walk straight along Jalan Raja Chulan, where you will find Muzium Telekom (on your left).
- Walk straight further down and you will see St. Andrew’s Presbyterian Church (on your right).
- As you continue walking straight, there is Forestry Department Peninsular Malaysia to your left (Jabatan Perhutanan Semenanjung Malaysia) and later on Shell station to your right.
- Walk on until you a traffic light junction, turn left .
- Walk a few metres ahead, then turn left into the Jalan Punchak off Jalan P.Ramlee.
- Walk up the hill until you see a Guard House with Menara Kuala Lumpur free shuttle service waiting to take up to the tower!
Menara KL Tower Opening Hours:
09:00 – 22:00 weekday
09:30 – 22:00 weekend & public holidays
Menara KL Tower Tickets:
Observation Deck Tickets
Sky Deck Tickets
Menara KL Tower Address and Contact:
Address: Jalan Punchak, Off Jalan P. Ramlee
Tel: + 603 208 5448
Categories: Travel Attractions