The Staten Island Ferry is a tourist ferry boat service managed by the NY City Transportation administration. Its works in 5 miles area in New York Harbour between Manhattan and Staten Island. The ferry operates 24/7. in 25 minute ride also offers a beautiful view of New York Harbour and a no-hassle, loving vessel drive, for free!
From the deck of the boat, you will have a fantastic view of The Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island. You’ll see the tall buildings and bridges of Lower Manhattan receding as you pull away and coming into focus again as you return.
A standard weekend schedule includes the use of five vessels to transport approximately 70,000 travelers . During the day, between rush hours, vessels regularly driven and servicing work is complete. Terminals are wash around the clock and routine international servicing is complete on the day shift.
Route Information and facts
The Boat works between the St. Henry Boat International Terminal on Staten Island and the Whitehall International Terminal in Lower Manhattan.
- The St. George Terminal is located at 1 Bay Street, Staten Island.
- The Whitehall Terminal is located at 4 South Street, Manhattan.
Staten Island Ferry Schedule.
Getting here :
MTA Staten Island Railway (SIR) service works 24 hours everyday between the St. George and Tottenville stations. At the St. George station, customers can make connections with Staten Island Ferry service. For more
Ferry Tickets : Free For all.
Enjoyable Journey Tips
- Do not stay at the top of the staircases while the ferry is docking.
- Do not keep your kids in your hands while the boat is docking to prevent the chance of dropping if the boat creates a hard getting.
- If you do get divided from your young ones make contact with a team crew member so that we may page them and get you rejoined before leaving the boat.
- Be sure to use your hand band when capturing on the outside decks. If you fall you it will most likely be going for a swimming along with all the images on your storage.
- The higher decks on the New Jersey side of the ferry boats always the most loaded. Instead of forcing to obtain an excellent perspective try going to a different outdoor deck. The main deck has a lot of area and is an excellent area for taking awesome images.
- Please be sure to take all of your belongings with you as you leave the ferry.
- Please stay off stairs, ramps and landing when a vessel is underway.
- Keep an eye on your children to ensure they are not playing near doors, windows, gates, railings, mooring areas or any vessel equipment.
- Always hold children’s hands on escalators and do not permit your child to sit or play on the steps.
- Never bring children onto escalators in a stroller.
- Do not fool around while in the elevators. Jumping up and down will cause the elevator to stop and you will have to wait until the boats gets to the dock before an attempt to get you out is performed.
- Be aware of elevator doors – watch clothing, bags and other personal items.
- Keep children away from the elevator doors. Hold children’s hands or, if you are using a stroller, keep children’s hands inside and never use a stroller to obstruct the doors when they are closing.
- Pedestrian should use designated crosswalks and sidewalks outside of the terminals. Look both ways when crossing streets and parking lots.
- Drivers should look out for pedestrians and must comply with posted speed limits and all NYS Traffic Regulations.
Categories: Travel Attractions