The Night Safari is the world’s first night time zoo and is one of the most well-known tourist points of interest in Singapore. The concept of a night time park in Singapore proposed in the 1980s by the former executive chairman of the Singapore Zoo, Dr Ong Swee Law. It is construct at a cost of S$63 million, It was officially opened on 26 May 1994 and occupies 35 hectares of secondary forest adjoining to the Singapore Zoo and Upper Seletar Reservoir. The Night Safari presently houses over 2,500 animals which represents over 130 species, of which 38% are endangered species. The Night Safari maintained by Wildlife Reserves Singapore, and about 1.1 million visitors visit the safari every year. The Night Safari got its 11 millionth visitor on 29 May 2007.
Awards of Night Safari
- Singapore Tourism Awards
- Top 10 Best Family Experience in 2006.
- Best Leisure Attraction Experience in 2003, 2004 and 2006.
- Leisure Attraction of the Year in 1996, 1997, 1999 and 2000.
- Best Trail Marshall of the Year, Mohammed Munzir Aziz in 2008.
- Best Trail Marshall of the Year, Mohammad Ridhwan Shahril in 2009.
- Best Ground crew of the Year, Vijayeswaran Visvalingam in 2009.
- Best Animal Caretaker of the Year, Hadi Akmal in 2015.
Night Safari Timings
07:30 pm – 12.00 am
Night Safari Tickets
Adult : $35.70
Child 3-12 years : $23.80
Senior 60 years and above : $18.00
Night Safari Location